Angie Harris – Cake Artist – known as AHCA in these terms & conditions – is a trading name of Angie Harris.
Courses unless otherwise stated will be held at 3 Gamma Terrace, West Rd, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 9FF.
- A 50% deposit holds your place on the course until 4 weeks prior to the date. Your place is not guaranteed until AHCA receives full payment.
- All deposits are NON refundable
- Courses can be paid for by debit card or credit card through our booking system, bank transfer can be arranged, please contact us for details.
Materials and equipment
AHCA School will provide all edible materials for the class, unless otherwise stated. Essential equipment suitable for the course is available on loan during the course. Students are requested to ensure all equipment is returned in good condition at the end of the course.
AHCA reserves the right to cancel or change a course. In these circumstances AHCA will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students either a transfer to this date or, if this date is not convenient, an alternative course. If neither is possible a full refund will be offered.
In the unlikely event that the advertised tutor is unable to teach the class AHCA reserves the right to substitute the advertised tutor with another appropriate tutor.
Refunds and transfers
We are unable to offer any refunds should you decide to cancel or are unable to attend your course.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend may transfer to another course if AHCA is able to re-sell their original place to another student. This transfer is solely at the discretion of the course coordinator.
No transfer will be offered if the following circumstances apply:
- a course booking is cancelled within 4 weeks of the course date (unless a waiting list for the course exists and the place can be re-sold at short notice);
- students are unable to attend a course due to changes in personal circumstances;
- students are unable to attend a course due to travel problems caused by unfavourable weather or cancellations by travel operators;
- students require a VISA to enter the UK and are unable to obtain one.
Travel or accommodation expenses will not be compensated for should a course be cancelled or re-arranged for an alternative date.
AHCA School strongly advises that all students arrange cancellation insurance to cover unforeseen events such as illness, unfavourable weather, or cancellation of a course for which travel and accommodation costs have been incurred. AHCA is unable to recommend or has ties to a specific company. Insurance is particularly important during the winter months when the likelihood of unfavourable weather and associated travel disruption is higher.
Non-UK residents are advised to contact their local insurance broker or issuer to apply for cover with regards to VISA application in addition to the recommended cover options above.
Students coming from abroad
If a VISA is required to enter the UK, AHCA School recommends that students book at least three months in advance to allow time for processing of the VISA application. AHCA School will not provide a letter of invitation but will provide students with a letter confirming the booking, to give to the relevant embassy. Refunds will not be offered under any circumstances should a VISA application be declined or delayed.
AHCA School advises all students to wear comfortable, practical clothing and shoes. Students are asked to wear flat, non-slip shoes, as the flooring can become slippery when wet.
Health & Safety
Students are required to follow procedures and advice given by AHCA School, to ensure safe use of equipment and facilities.
At AHCA we sometimes take photographs of students participating in our courses to use in promotional material. This may involve using the images on our website, in our publications or in other media. We will not use your name or give out any personal information. If you are NOT happy for us to use your image in future school publicity, please tick the appropriate box on the online booking form. If you give your consent, please leave it blank.
Course Age Restrictions
Children under the age of 16 are currently not permitted to attend courses or demonstrations held at AHCA School at this time. Children aged 16-17 may attend courses but they must have a guardian or parent to accompany them. The adult/guardian may either pay for their own place on the course and take part or just observe for free, subject to availability.
Any competitions run on social media by Angie Harris – Cake Artist to win a free course or voucher to put towards a course are subject to the following conditions:
- The chosen course prize must be booked and attended by a certain date – the prize voucher will have this information on it so please read it carefully.
- Travel and accommodation expenses are not covered in any prize giveaway by AHCA.
- Competitions are open to those in the UK and overseas so please note that travel and accommodation may exceed the value of the prize.
- All eligible entries received during the submission period will be gathered into a database at the end of the submission period. Winners will then be selected at random using a random generator.
- You must be over 16 years old (and chaperoned by a guardian) to attend a course at AHCA and over 18 years old to attend a course independently. As a result, you must be over 16yrs old to enter any AHCA competition via social media.
- Selected winners will be messaged via Facebook and/or Twitter to receive their prize and the winner will be announced on Facebook and/or Twitter. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her e-mail account for prize notification and receipt or other communications related to any entered competition.
- If a potential prize winner cannot be reached by AHCA within fifteen (14) days, using the contact information provided at the time of entry, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize.
- There are no entry fees or purchase necessary to be eligible for this prize.
- No responsibility can be accepted by AHCA for entries not received for whatever reason.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
- By participating in the competition, entrants automatically agree to abide by contest rules and regulations.
- For full terms and conditions regarding courses at AHCA, please read this document in full.
General information and parking
AHCA is situated in Masterlord Office Village in Ransomes Europark, Ipswich and may show on sat nav as ‘Fairs & Baker’, the previous tenant.
We advise students travelling by car to allow extra time for parking. Unfortunately, we have limited parking space for students at our school during weekdays as the business park bays are reserved for other offices. We have 8 available bays, as spaces are so limited, permits will be issued on a strictly first-come, first-served basis. There is additional parking to the left of Epsilon house.
Liquid refreshments will be available throughout the day and lunch will be provided where stated per course. Students are required to advise AHCA School of any specific dietary requirements or allergies in advance.